Table of Contents
Trade Show News
Games, Kits and Toys
Click here to see our complete list of sponsors!
JANUARY 2 0 1 1
T R A D E S H O W N E W S
AmericasMart’s Living, Outdoor/Indoor, The Gardens product mix grows by almost 4,000 square feet this month with the debut of seven new companies on floors 9 and 10 in Building 2 WestWing (B2WW) - the Market destination for a robust and diverse collection of gardens and casual lifestyles product. They join the ranks of more than 130 exhibitors, many of which will be launching new product at the first Market of the year: The January 2011 Atlanta International Gift & Home Furnishings Market. Leading this charge is the newly reappointed executive director of leasing, Jill Ford, who reassumes this position after returning to AmericasMart.
The seven additions significantly enhance and expand the center's product offerings, which cover the vast landscape of casual lifestyle furnishings and garden accessories.
Highlighting Living, Outdoor/Indoor, The Gardens at Market is a special Gardens Party hosted by Jamie Durie, host of HGTV’s “The Outdoor Room.” Durie, one of Australia’s leading landscape designers and most recognizable talents made famous in the United States by making regular television appearances, will speak about the latest and greatest in outdoor room décor trends. A meet-and-greet, cocktail party and book signing will follow. The event takes place on Friday, January 14, 4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., on floors 9 and 10 in B2WW.
The collection staged in the permanent product center is supported by product housed in the Market Temporaries within the Living, Outdoor/Indoor, The Gardens and Coastal Lifestyles categories. Debuting this January, also supporting this category, is the newly created Birding & Backyard Nature, showcasing bird feeders, bird houses, bird seed, bird baths, birding and nature books, optics, hardware, birding software, bird-themed giftware, note cards, magnets, bookmarks, butterfly houses, bat houses, wildlife art, bird-themed jewelry and decorative accessories, recycled nature products, water garden supplies and décor. All three temporary categories are strategically located on floor 3 in B2WW, just a few floors down from the permanent center.
Returning to the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center March 27-30, 2011, the Boston Gift Show continues to grow under the management of Urban Expositions. From an expanded product selection to a full roster of free, educational seminars, New England retailers will find more new resources than ever before.
“The Boston Gift Show has a long tradition of success and we are continuously working to build upon the show’s strengths and future growth potential in order to bring the best possible mix of products and services together. Our goal? To create a convenient, relaxed and cost-effective environment that truly caters to New England retailers’ specialized business needs,” said Doug Miller, president, Urban Expositions.
Among the highlights for the March 2011 Boston Gift Show:
• Expanded Selection - The well-established Boston Gift Show already offers a wide and diverse product selection conveniently categorized into the Gifts, Etc., Souvenir Source, Handcrafted, and Made in New England sections. Among the new initiatives for March 2011, Urban Expositions is continuing to expand the show’s overall selection, with special emphasis on the Souvenir and Made in New England sections.
• Goody Bag Giveaway - The first 100 buyers to arrive at the show on Sunday, March 27 and Monday, March 28 will receive a special tote bag filled with product from many of the show’s exhibitors.
• Free Freight Monday - Many exhibitors will be offering free freight on orders placed on Monday, March 28 only. A complete list of exhibitors will be available at the show registration desk.
• Parking Rebate - Boston Gift Show buyers will be reimbursed up to $5 for their parking fee. Buyers will need to present their show badge and parking receipt at the special rebate desk located inside the exhibit hall.
• Free Buyer Services and Amenities - Boston Gift Show buyers are invited to enjoy free continental breakfast and complimentary refreshments each day in the buyers’ lounge. In addition, they will also benefit from an expanded buyer educational program featuring a number of free seminars throughout the show. Programs will include: a “Retail Roundtable” sponsored by the National Association of Retail Buyers (NARB); “How to Engage Your Customers Through Social Media”; “Use Social Media to Drive Sales Online and Offline”; and “Making More Money - Managing for Positive Cash Flow.”